Thursday, April 2, 2009

The waist to hip ratio is to test the ration of the waist circumference to the hip circumference because it has been related to the risk of coronary heart disease. All you need is a tape measure and simply calculate the measurements of the waist of the waist girth divided by the hip girth. Less than 85 is excellent, between .85 and .90 is good, between .90 and .95 is average, between .95 and 1.00, and over 1.00 is extreme. The advantages of this procedure are that it can be taken at home with anyone to monitor their own body composition levels.
I think that this procedure is a good test to do, because you can see whether your risk of coronary heart disease are high or not and you can either prevent it of get help for it if you find out that you have it. I am planning on trying out this procedure when I get a chance to, I need a tape measure and that’s about it so when I do the test ill post up my results ASAP :)

No comments:

Post a Comment